Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thing 7 - DIY

I decided to work on the DIY because I liked the lists of resources and I have been spending a lot of time looking through websites for certain topics such as digital storytelling to "dig deeper". It seems there are new websites and apps everyday and I came up with two programs that I really liked.
Powtoon and Thinglink. I especially liked Thinglink which had presentations that you could take and make your own. The ones that I found had beautiful background pictures and all sorts of interactive pieces already built in. There was one like this that included the lesson plan right on the interactive piece which could be easily modified. I guess the point is that when I had the time to go through the 4 or 5 resource lists (with 100s of sites and programs) provided in this tool, I was able to find some tools that were perfect for the lessons that I was working on without having to reinvent the wheel.
Another thing I found on the resource lists was School Tube. I knew about Teacher Tube but I found some great "student created" videos on this site.


After I did a pretty extensive search of all the resources on the lists provided, I decided to use the skills I had learned when I set up a lib guide for cool tool (thing 23) and create a general resource guide (http://libguides.rcsdk12.org/jdlibraryresources)


 I used another library's lib guide that I thought was pretty good to start and modified it quite a bit but it was a good experience with editing. I still have some issues with text editors and such but I did learn a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific, glad you took this opportunity to dig through those lists and find some new tools that fit your needs. Perfect use of the DIY lesson. That's quite a library resource libguide! I like that libguides lets you reuse other guides as a starting place. Makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete